Try one of these sweet n sticky bites, a nutritious snack with all the taste!
Ingredient quantities are approximate, alter as you feel necessary to get a consistency that will stick together and hold its shape.
What you need
- approx 1 cup dates
- approx 1 cup of nuts
- 2 tea spoons raw cacoa powder (you can leave out if don't have)
- goji berries and /or raisins
- desiccated coconut
- Grind the nuts in the food processor.
- Pit dates and add to the nuts in the processor
- After nuts and dates finely chopped and blended, add a few drops of water (as needed) to make sticky and bind together.
- Add the raw cacoa powder and blend to mix in.
- Add the berries and combine with hands.
- Line a small square tin with grease paper, pour out the mixture and spread evenly, pressing down as firm as you can so mixture will hold shape when cut. (or instead of in a tin, you can just mould the mixture with your hands into a square shape)
- Sprinkle the dessicated coconut on top.
- Cut into bite size squares and refrigerate for about an hour before serving to allow the mixture to firm up.
Post a Comment
I welcome your comments and feedback!
However due to the number of spammers, I have added word verification to allow genuine readers to leave a genuine comment or question.
Your comment will be published once it has been approved.