One thing I would say when it comes to planning homeschool, is try to make it a pleasurable experience for yourself. Give yourself time to do it, ideally undisturbed while the kids are busy, in bed, or off being entertained by Dad. Having this quietness without distraction is going to help you to focus and enjoy the experience. Grab your favourite drink, resources and planner. Set yourself up so you have everything you need in front of you at hand, and you're set to go.
But what if you're not too sure on effective methods for homeschool planning? What if you don't know where to start or what you need?
If you're looking for a homeschool planning 101, I'm your girl. I'm excited to be opening up the planning masterclasses from the Homeschool With Confidence 16-week course, to offer a 2-day workshop if you didn't want to sign up for the whole course series.
When it comes to homeschool, anxiety often flairs up when we feel we are not in control because we don't know what we should be doing. And an anxious mum makes for a stressful homeschool experience. I know myself, when I have everything set in order and ready, the week runs smoothly Alhamdulillah. When I don't, then my anxiety monster cranks his weight heavy upon my shoulders.
One thing I have learned over a decade of home educating is that planning doesn't have to be hard. Nor does it need to take forever to do. Certainly, you don't want to be spending more time preparing your lessons than it takes the kids to actually get through them. That would be madness! Homeschool planning can even be quite fun....yes, it can. Having a plan gives you a roadmap. It isn't inscribed upon a stone tablet that you're unable to deviate from. If you come across a more scenic route you're free to take it. But having the map helps you to find direction. This is what homeschool planning does. It offers a guide to allow you to move toward your objectives but doesn't need to enslave you.
Over two weeks, I'll share with you some simple methods for homeschool planning so that you can feel empowered and in control insha'Allah. I'll show you how to plan using my printable planner that you'll receive as an attendee as well as introduce you to how you can create your own custom made planner to meet all your unique needs, using an ordinary notebook.
Let's take a look at what we'll cover over the two masterclasses bi'ithnillah....
Class 1: Knowing Your Child
Class 2: To Plan Or Not To Plan
- Setting up your printable or custom planner
- Address the differences between yearly, monthly and weekly planning options
- Monthly Relective planning
- 4 week lesson outline to map out an overview of 4 weeks of homeschool
- Topic planning / designing your own lesson
- Planning without a plan...because sometimes life happens!
- Example lesson plans using both the pre-made planner and customised journal
What attendees receive
Participants will receive:
- 2 live classes
- Both class replays so you can review later or view at a time more convenient to you
- Ink-friendy class notes PDF (ideal for printing)
- Colour class notes as an eBook PDF (ideal for digital viewing with full-colour images throughout)
- Bonus: Invitation to my members-only Telegram group. Alhamdulillah this isn't a busy group so it shouldn't cause a distraction for you, however you may find it beneficial to have access to mutual group support
- Bonus: Homeschool planner printable 2020-2021 PDF
The live classes run through Zoom. You will be required to download zoom to join live. If you are viewing the replays instead, you won't require anything to access.
The mini-course fee is £25 inclusive of live classes, replays, class notes and free Bonus Planner printable.
Are you ready to register to Homeschool Planning 101?
To sign up to this 2-day workshop, please email email@example.com to make payment.
Register before Saturday 22nd to join the live classes, or sign up anytime to catch the replays at your own convenience.
Umm Khadeeja Xx
Post a Comment
I welcome your comments and feedback!
However due to the number of spammers, I have added word verification to allow genuine readers to leave a genuine comment or question.
Your comment will be published once it has been approved.