Following my last post on how to homeschool a two year old, I said I'd answer some of your questions that were sent to me through Instagram, relating to home-schooling your preschool aged child. I've gone ahead and converted my answers into a free pdf ebook to make it super easy to pick up and flick through.
Much of my advice stems off the principle that pre-schoolers pretty much don't need homeschooling, but need parenting.
They need you dear Mama, not a homeschool teacher.
- Read aloud plenty.
- Talk plenty.
- Play plenty.
- Provide an environment in the home which encourages and nurtures your child's curiosity for discovery and exploration.
- How to homeschool a two year old.
- What about a four year old? Do you start structured "school" / activities or still do random activities with them?
- How do you keep to a schedule? I Have the best intentions but can't keep to it.
- Can you generally list subjects / topic / concepts I should be teaching apart from alphabets and numbers?
- How to incorporate Islamic studies at this age?
- I am looking for some activities in which lessons can be incorporated.
- How to keep them away from phones or any other gadgets?
- My first language isn't English so should I read English books to him or not?
- Do I really need to reinforce the alphabets with activities when I see he's catching on amazingly without it?
- How to not become overwhelmed by so much that is out there?
- How do you answer when someone tells you that home-schooling is bad for your children?
- I am considering home-schooling. I have no idea and I am a disorganised person. I am also worried that since I am not really good at maths I might not be able to do well.
Download your copy through the highlighted text below:
If you have the kindle app, you should be able to open and read it there.